Customer: TOP 10 Russian IT- software company.Task: develop the key modules of an information security management system (SIEM).Solution: We built several Windows services performing the following functions:
- Retrieve reference information from the Internet and external sources
- Process the obtained data by the specified rules
- Store and edit information by filtering, grouping and adding reference data (high load - one billion records per day).
- Transfer data files between the systems nodes.
- Import information from files of various formats to the database for further processing and analysis.
- Data visualization through a reporting module (as graphs, tables, bar charts and maps).
Customer: world’s leading anti-spam service provider.
Task: The Customer requested our team to enhance and support its product
Solution: The RELEX team designed and developed the low level (kernel) of the incoming e-mail analysis system. Based on the kernel was created a new email scanner. To improve the filtering quality, the following functions were implemented in the system:
- Message language auto-detection (without impairing the performance),
- Natural language parsing
- Collecting statistics based on the parser results.
These functional modules became the basis for an artificial intelligence system and containers for storing and accessing the accumulated statistics. Our team successfully resolved the task of filtering messages in Eastern languages (Chinese, Korean, Japanese etc.). The final application, besides the high email filtering quality and additional services, can process over 500 messages per second with full content analysis in the integrated target system.It also uses traditional methods of spam traffic limitation, like filtering the incoming TCP/IP traffic by the incoming IP address, which helps narrowing down the channel for unknown or suspicious traffic sources.Along with spam filtering, the system can identify messages of some specific categories, such as phishing, mail/safe-list and bounce/backscatter auto-generated.